Registration and Accreditation
Thank you for choosing to umpire in the Southern Football Netball League (SFNL).
Registering is the first step to becoming part of a leading umpiring group at community level in Australia.
Please Click on ‘Registration Form’ below to commence your journey as an SFNL Umpire in 2018!
Need help registering?
Please click HERE for the 2018 Registration Manual.
To help you prepare for registration see below some important information:
It is a compulsory requirement for all Southern Football Netball League Field, Boundary and Goal Umpires to be accredited under the AFL National Umpires Accreditation Scheme (NUAS) to a minimum of Level 1. Accreditation is valid for four years including the year that you become accredited.
Level 1 – Part A:
If you are not Level 1 accredited, please complete the theory component of Level 1 Accreditation on-line. It is a “User Pays” system, whereby you invest $12.00 when you logon. A credit card payment is required.
Simply log onto the AFL’s community website: www.aflcommunityclub.com.au
Click on the “Umpires” tab
Click on “Umpiring Courses”
The course takes around two hours to complete.
Please complete the on-line component of Level 1 and please bring along a printed copy of your “completion certificate” to your first training session in 2018.
Level 1 – Part B:
Other competencies are required to be demonstrated and are assessed, usually on match day or at training, by your Coach or any Umpiring Department team member during the season.
Information regarding Level 2 Accreditation will be provided in 2018.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CHECK
It is a compulsory requirement for all Southern Football Netball League Field, Boundary and Goal Umpires who are turning 18 years of age anytime during 2018, or older, to have a valid Working With Children Check (WWC).
Please note that a WWC Check is valid for 5 years, so if you have previously submitted a WWC Check to the SFNL, you do not need to do so again.
To simplify the process, you can now apply for the Working With Children Check online: https://online.justice.vic.gov.au/wwccu/onlineapplication.doj
Please follow these steps:
- When applying, select ‘Volunteer’, as this application carries no fee. So that we can confirm that the WWC Check has been completed and approved, when completing the online application, please provide the postal address of:
PO Box 1018
When you have completed your online application, you will be sent an email of confirmation.
- The second part of the process is to print and submit your online application (along with the 100 points of ID) at any Australia Post. Although Australia Post allows you up to 21 days to submit the online application, the SFNL asks that you submit you application to Australia Post as soon as possible.
The government allows up to 2 weeks to process the WWC Check once your application is received.
Any Umpire who is turning 18 years of age in 2017, or older, must hold a WWC Check before the commencement of the SFNL season. Otherwise you will not be permitted to participate in any SFNL match.
REGISTRATION CHECK LIST
- Complete the online registration form (as above).
- Ensure that you are Accredited (as above).
- Ensure that you hold a valid Working With Children check (as above).
- Click on to the SFNL website and look for the Umpiring tab to access the latest information from the SFNL Umpiring Department.
- Click on to the SFL Umpires Association website (sfnlumpires.com) for the latest information from the SFNL Umpires Association.
- Umpires uniforms can be purchased when you attend training from the Umpires Association Uniform Shop. Uniforms usually become available close to when the season commences.
- Pick up a copy of the Laws of Australian Football 2018 and the 2018 Spirit of the Laws brochure from your Umpiring Department Coach once the season commences.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT UMPIRING
Director of Umpiring: Peter Marshall – 0412 225 830
Umpiring Administration Manager: Matt Grimwood – 03 9553 5644