Senior Football Round Recap

By Jason Barbin

Division 1

Mordialloc has enjoyed a strong win against Highett at Ben Kavanagh Reserve, coming away with a 61-point result to remain in the finals hunt.

The Bloods led by just two points at quarter time, before kicking 13 goals to four the remainder of the game, with Aaron Kneebone best afield and one of Mordy’s five multiple goal kickers with two goals.

Dingley has moved back into the top three after a big 65-point win against finals hopeful Bentleigh at Bentleigh Reserve on Saturday.

The Dingoes burst out of the blocks, booting 10 goals to one in the first half to set up the result with Josh Ferguson and Chris Horton-Milne starring for the visitors.

East Malvern has taken home the four points in its clash against St Pauls, but an injury to Dogs' star Jarryd Blenkinsop has marred the events at Dunlop Reserve.

Blenkinsop suffered a neck injury during the third quarter of the match, with the game called off while an ambulance was brought in.

Port Melbourne Colts has moved back into the top five with a decisive 40-point victory against Oakleigh Districts at Murphy Reserve.

The Colts were the stronger team throughout the afternoon and made the most of their opportunities, with Brad Sutcliffe starring while Ahmed Kandakji booted six for the Districts.

Cheltenham may have been inaccurate in front of goal, but the ladder leaders were too strong for St Kilda City at the Peanut Farm, winning by 43 points.

The Rosellas also put together a strong defensive effort, limiting the Saints to just two goals in the first half, with Sam Hayes and Jack Worrall playing their role in the win.

Division 2

Keysborough overcame a slow start to improve to 12 wins for the season, defeating East Brighton by 64 points at Keysborough Reserve.

The Burra led by just nine points at the main break, before piling on 10 goals to two in the second half, with Chris Bryan and Matt Carnelley combining for 10 while star Riet Pal continued his good form.

A stunning final quarter by Caulfield has given it an unlikely 37-point triumph against Chelsea Heights at Koornang Park Reserve.

The Bears trailed by 11 points at the final change, then slammed home nine goals to one to double their score and complete a 48-point turnaround.

Chris O’Keefe and Jake Buggy combined for nine majors for the Bears, while Darren Walsh booted four in a best on ground effort for the Heighters.

Murrumbeena has blown away premiership dark horse Hampton by 93 points at Murrumbeena Park to move into the top three.

The Beena were in control right from the word go, with the forward trio of Luke James, Eddie Espinosa and Nick Brazil combining for 13 majors, while Declan Turkington was impressive.

Skye has roared home to its second win of the season, toppling Heatherton in strong fashion at Ross Street Reserve, winning by 43 points.

The Bombers booted eight goals in the opening half en route to its highest score of the year with five players kicking multiple goals while Ben Forsyth was best afield.

Mark Stevens booted six goals for the Tonners.

Division 3

Endeavour Hills has bounced back to its best form, defeating Ashwood by 57 points at Barry Simon Reserve in round 15.

The Falcons entered the game looking to get back to their best and did so in decisive fashion, booting seven goals in the second half.

Jarrod Marolla, Nick De Poilly and Nathan Crutchley were dangerous for the Falcons, combining for 12 of their side’s 13 goals while defender Ben Holland was best afield.

Clayton has maintained its hold on second spot on the ladder with a 30-point win against an improved Black Rock at Meade Reserve.

The Clays were in control throughout the game, but engineered a strong seven-goal to three first half to set up the result.

Dean Evangelista was inspired with four goals for the victors, while Luke Coad was the star of the day, gathering plenty of the ball and also booting three majors.

Hampton Park continues to cruise towards the minor premiership, thrashing Cerberus by 155 points at Robert Booth Reserve.

The Redbacks enjoyed a strong first half with 11 goals, before surging further ahead with 17 goals in the second half.

The hosts finished with six multiple goalkickers, led by Peter Dye and Travis Davis with six apiece, while Jackson Fry was best afield.

Division 4

Frankston Dolphins were too strong for Dandenong at Greaves Reserve, winning by 103 points to maintain its grip on second spot.

After booting seven goals in the opening half, the visitors went up another level, kicking 15 goals in the second half, with Mitch Latimer kicking five to lead six multiple goal scorers.

Hallam has put forth its bid to play finals, going a game clear in fifth spot by defeating sixth placed rival Carrum Patterson Lakes by five points at Hallam Reserve.

In a game that went right down to the wire, the Hawks trailed at each break, but booted three goals to one in the final term to pull off the comeback win.

Tom Bradley booted three goals to lead the Hawks alongside Cameron Parker, while Brenton Rafferty starred for CPL with five majors.

A six-goal haul from returning player Matt Johansson has lifted Moorabbin to a 29-point win against Lyndale at Widdop Crescent Reserve.

Johansson’s effort came with the Roos trailing by 12 points at half time, before piling on 13 goals in the second half, with Josh Kyle booting five for the hosts.

Dylan Bone starred for the Pumas with six majors.

South Yarra has stunned ladder leaders Lyndhurst for the second time this season, this time in comprehensive fashion with a 61-point belting.

After a strong start the Lions led by 21 points at the main break, before piling on 10 goals to four in windy conditions to claim the four points.

Dillon Taylor and Jack Callaway were impressive for the victors, combining for seven goals.

League Partners