Expression of Interest - Board Member
Southern Football Netball League (SFNL)
Values - The core values of the League are Trust, Accountability, Inclusiveness and Innovation.
The SFNL strives to foster a welcoming environment for individuals of all races, genders, sexual orientation and religions and we actively encourage ALL our clubs to continue to embrace the differences amongst their members. Despite our differences, we ALL have a love of football and netball.
We aim to be the League others look to for inclusiveness and support of others.
The Southern Football Netball League is seeking expressions of interest from individuals that are interested to make a contribution to the League by joining the Board with a specific experience in
1) Finance /Governance /Risk
2) Women in Sport, Football and Netball
This would be initially as a Board member (non-voting) filling a casual vacancy as per Rule 57 and then subject to successful election at the 2022 AGM, a role for a minimum term of 3 years.
The Southern Football Netball League (SFNL) is a thriving sporting league which currently boasts 40 clubs including our Umpires group involved in men’s and women’s football and netball across multiple divisions with a footprint from Cerberus in the south to South Yarra in the north, Casey in the east and to Port Melbourne heading west.
Key role is to guide the SFNL Board and League CEO in strategies and execution covering the:
• brand and reputation
• public profile and operations
• Continuous Improvement Football - Men and Women
• Youth participation
Board meetings monthly, ad hoc portfolio meetings, Club visits on weekends, Club Consultations, Attendance at major events.
Other commitments in regards club engagement will be notified if required. Requirements of the role:
• Strong knowledge of Sporting Club Operations
• Strong understanding of the Rules of Football and Netball
• Previous board experience is ideal
• A demonstrated history of commitment to community volunteering
Qualifications/Skills and experience: Ideal candidates will have either:
• A qualification in Finance or related area and/or experience in a management type role, or;
• A passion for Women in community sport
• Experience in the not-for-profit sector as a volunteer or staff member (desirable)
• Experience managing volunteers (desirable)
Please email your interest to the Chairman Marc Gauci
via Lee Hartman, Chief Executive Officer on email firstname.lastname@example.org